Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Sketch Tracer help :(

tomislavp4

Ok, so I learned how to import pictures and stuff (thanks to this forum) but now when I want to change from Sketch Tracer workbench to any other, say, Generative Shape Design, catia makes a new document without the pictures I imported :confused:

The document in the Sketchtracer remains opened, but I cannot use the pictures in any other workbench! Anyone knows what´s wrong? Thanks...

Yes, I´m using the start menu. Or alternatively I click on the worckbench icon and choose one from there. It´s the same thing I beleive :)

Yes, I´m using the start menu. Or alternatively I click on the worckbench icon and choose one from there. It´s the same thing I beleive :)

OK; that's your problem... you don't have to go to the start menu to exit to another workbench. Instead, you've to click on that icon:

Cheers!!!

Attachments

• 1.BMP
    30.6 KB · Views: 11
Tomislav,

I'm not a Sketch Tracer user, but after looking through some of the help files it looks like it adds the pictures to a Product.

Since the Generative Shape Design workbench deals with Parts, clicking that workbench will cause CATIA to start a new CATPart file.

Does this make sense?

If I understand this correctly, what you could do instead is:

1. While you have the pictures displayed in a Product, switch to the Assembly Design workbench. You probably have to Exit first, as Guillermo suggested.

2. Then Insert a New Part into the Product

3. Double click on the new Part to make it active, and now you can change to the Generative Shape Design workbench (or the Part Design workbench) and create geometry in the CATPart files while you still see the pictures in the Product.

:) I'm not absolutely sure about this, but I hope I have explained your situation and things make a little more sense to you. If not, please attach a screen image of what you're working on and include the Spec Tree in the image - thanks

Last edited:
That one works! Thank you very much :) It also explains some other things I had hard time working out!

I´m new to catia (started a month ago) and I´m still trying to get a grip on it. The teacher at school isn´t very helpfull I must say :mad:
Anyway, thanks again for your responses guys :)

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back