Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Mirror a mirror

Rasmus

Hi

Is it possible in CATIA V5 part design to mirror a mirror (around a different plane of course)? When trying, CATIA produces the error 'one of selected feature Mirror.2 can't ne transformed'. Is there some sort of work around maybe? Some suggested inserting in a new body, however, that is not possible either as one of the pads in the object includes an up to surface limit. It seems as such as simple task to do, it must be possible to do. Thanks in advance!

Sincerely,
Rasmus.

I have done many mirrors of mirrors, so I'm also puzzled about the error you are getting. Could you include a picture of what you're trying to do, and include the tree so we can see what kind of geometry you're working with.

As a workaround: do a Rotate 180° instead of the second mirror.

ExMirror.jpg

I have made a simple example demonstrating the problem. Pad.1 is the box, Pad.2 is the ear. The second ear (Mirror.1) is mirrored around plane 1. If i try to mirror Mirror.1 around plane 2, the before mentioned error appears ("the selected feature can't be transformed").

Regards, Rasmus.

mirror tool

Hi

Is it possible in CATIA V5 part design to mirror a mirror (around a different plane of course)? When trying, CATIA produces the error 'one of selected feature Mirror.2 can't ne transformed'. Is there some sort of work around maybe? Some suggested inserting in a new body, however, that is not possible either as one of the pads in the object includes an up to surface limit. It seems as such as simple task to do, it must be possible to do. Thanks in advance!

Sincerely,
Rasmus.

I know a tool which can do it so easily .
https://www.scripting4design.com/clients/mirror-product

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back