Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Pipe welding in Catia

eclipse7

Hello everyone! My name is Enrique and I'm new at this forum :)

I'm mechanical engineering and have been working with Catia for a long.

Actually, I have the task of doing a hidraulic piping line representing the welding between the different sections. It is my first time with Weld Design module and got some problems with pipe welding.

I want to do a simple Butt weld with two pipes that are assembly togheter but when select, cant click OK. I have been searching on internet but not too much info.

piping.JPG

This is what I have and when try to weld together, nothing. I have tried with the pipes together, a little bit separated...

If someone could help me I would be very glad :)

Hi again. I still have the doubt about how to weld two pipes.

I have been thinking all night and maybe a chamfler in each pipe would help. Here comes the second problem, all pipes have been desgined by shape and after given a thickness. The problem is that that way I can not use chamfer tool in part design, and in shape I dont find any similiar, any way to give chamfer to the pipe that way without having to design it in part design?

I have also tried with two part design pipes with chamfer and nothing.

welding.JPG

Has someone ever made something like that?

Thanks in advance!

Hello Enrique,

I wish I could help you with your CATIA problem, but I know nothing about the Weld Design workbench.

I do see a number of tutorials and videos about it when I search the internet - maybe something there will help you figure it out.

I see that you are a student. Does your professor know how to do it? Or maybe the Dassault Academy might help: https://academy.3ds.com/en

Thanks for your answer MrCATIA.

I'm also new at the Weld Design Workbench.

I have seen some tutorials on internet and tried them, everything fine. But no one was with pipes faced together, where the problems cames.

Yes, I have asked some mates but no one have used it.

I will keep trying it.

Thank you again :)

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back