Default Fix Together constrain not working

Hi everyone,

I want to ask about fix together constrain. When i use this constrain on my design, nothing happen. That part still can move separately when using compass.

Firstly i think my design is the reason why this happened. So, i try use fix together on simple part ( just two block design ) and still nothing happen.

Any ideas guys why this can be happened and any solution?

Thank you and sorry for my bad english

When you use compass for manipulation you need to hold Shift while moving. In case you use Manipulation you must select With respect to constraints.
    Last edited by marko92kg; November 6th, 2017 at 08:28 AM.

Before you add the FIX TOGETHER constraint, you need to position the mating parts relative to each other. You can use other assembly constraints and then delete them, or use the SNAP tool. After the parts are positioned, then add the FIX TOGETHER constraint.

Quote Originally Posted by marko92kg View Post
    When you use compass for manipulation you need to hold Shift while moving. In case you use Manipulation you must select With respect to constraints.
    I have already do that before i post this topic and thanks for you suggestion

Quote Originally Posted by MrCATIA View Post
    Before you add the FIX TOGETHER constraint, you need to position the mating parts relative to each other. You can use other assembly constraints and then delete them, or use the SNAP tool. After the parts are positioned, then add the FIX TOGETHER constraint.
    What happen if i keep constraints (without delete them) after using the FIX TOGETHER ?

And thanks for reply my problem

It shouldn't be a problem. On catiadoc.free.fr I found that catia first solves constraints inside Fix together, then outside. Maybe you should visit that site, or similar and read about Fix together, if you haven't so far

Quote Originally Posted by marko92kg View Post
    It shouldn't be a problem. On catiadoc.free.fr I found that catia first solves constraints inside Fix together, then outside. Maybe you should visit that site, or similar and read about Fix together, if you haven't so far
    Thanks marko92kg. Sometimes i visit that page, maybe i need to visited back to get more understanding about this constraint.

And i want to add something, currently on my design ( just one of CATIA Tutorial that i try to do for improving my knowledge in CATIA ) has overconstraint issue. So, i try to change constraint supporting element and that issue still exist. Then i remember the MrCATIA post about deleting constraint after using FIX TOGETHER and it worked. Overconstraint issue on my design is solved.

But i still need study more about FIX TOGETHER because i still confused.

Thanks and sorry for my bad english