Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

How do I draw a cushion for a sofa or a chair in 3D

» How do I draw a cushion for a sofa or a chair in 3D?

Hello Stephm:

Generally speaking in modeling terms: Assuming that the cushing is square, you could use a mesh patch surface with 2 guide curves to define the cross-section in both directions at the center of the cushion. The guide curves must intersect in the center and be coincident (must touch) the 4 outer edge curves. If the cushion is "tuffed" at the center, then you can add the "tuffed" cross-section to each guide curve. If you use multile curves for each guide curve then be sure to concatenate (join) them end to end to form a single curve entity. If you need more definition, you can add guide curves to bothe direction following the same guidelines. See if there is such a surface command in ADT.

Comments from other users are welcome here!

Thanks for using the Q&A Board! ;-)

3DCADTips Support Desk

Do you want actual 3D solid?

If so, create a BOX the size you want and fillet it. Then create a polyline around the top edge, fillet it, then extrude a circle along it's path for the cording. Copy it down to the bottom. 5-15 minutes. Good luck.

Sweep

Draw a path, i.e. a rectangle, draw in the ucs that is perpendicular to the ucs where in you drew the rectangle, a profile of the cushion that stops in the middle of the cushion (meaning a half-section of the cushion). Activate Sweep, select the path and the profile and there you have it.
If you use a closed polyline for the profile, you get a solid; if the profile is open you get a mesh.
Approximately 1 min 30 sec, depending of the complexity of the path and the profile.

Hi, Could you please share the photos of making the cushions, I am trying here in Australia but still not successful!

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back