Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Fractional dimensions

NewBoy

Is there a way to change just a dim to a fraction. I know that you get them all to change, but how do I change individual ones?
Thanks in advance.

I don't think can get Inventor to show fractions by default but, if it's just the odd 1 or 2 dimensions you can double click the dimension then, in the text tab select 'hide dimension value' & insert any text that you want.

Fractional display is only managed at the style level (i.e. not as an override like precision and tolerance), so you'll likely need to create a new dim style with the desired settings and apply that style to desired dims.

Changle Individual Dimensions to Fractional

Right Click on said dimension, new dimension style, and change it to fractional, then it will allow you to change individual dimensions either dicimal or fractional. you can to use both styles in your drawing. Good Luck!!!!

Dim. issue

Simply left click on the dimension so it remains highlighted, left click on the top right drop down(don't know name, see attached screenshot) and left click on the "Default - Fraction (ANSI)" button. This will change a single dimension to fractional.

Attachments

• Doc1.doc
    144.5 KB · Views: 6

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back