Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

TurboCAD / OpenOffice Conflict

trumble117

Hi, everyone, I am working with TurboCAD 14, and I have a drawing that has a spreadsheet embedded in it. I have two boxes, one with Office and the other with OpenOffice. The one with OpenOffice is the one with TurboCAD on it. The reason being, is that my office recently upgraded and moved around Office licenses, so I'm no longer able to have Office on both machines.

Anyway, the point is, I used to be able to edit that spreadsheet directly through TurboCAD using the Excel engine. Since Excel no longer exists (and I have OpenOffice's Calc), this same technique no longer works. I can't seem to find a setting that would allow me to point TurboCAD to OpenOffice, or anything that would allow compatibility. I've tried re-installing TurboCAD, but it doesn't help anything.

I was wondering if there's a setting that I'm missing, or even an add-in that would make the two work with each other the way that TurboCAD worked with Excel. Any help on this would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back