Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Hiding Dimensions

S

Spider-Waffle

I was looking for a way to hide the dimensions when looking at a multi-section solid, or in general. I have this blade with 10 sketches and a 50 point spline for each sketch, so there's literally 1,000 dimensions cluttering the view. It would be nice to hide them, and you'd think there would be a simple option for that like tools>hide>dimensions but I'm not finding anyway to do that besides using maybe the "hide all but selected" or "hide selected", neither is very quick.

Are you asking about dimensions on a drawing, or the sketch constraints used to make the 3D solid?

If it's the later, try Tools + Hide + All Sketches

But I don't understand why the constraints would be displayed, unless maybe you're editing the solid?

I was to hasty in my previous reply.

In the start window I get the button 'Try It' which I clicked. But it still ends after 10 minutes.

It's not overly convienient (I find few things are in catia) but I use Edit>Search and then for "Type" enter either part, product, sketch, drawing etc and then select "dimension" under "type". I then save it as a favorite and use that to select and then hide all of my dimensions.

If we are talking about hiding dimensions on a drawing, another way to to do what Wallybanger suggested is....

Click in the Power Input field (the white box in the lower-right corner of the screen), and key-in: t=dim* This will search and select all the dimensions. Then you can click on the HIDE/SHOW icon.

Or, if you have made a Favorite search from the Edit + Search panel, you can also use the Power Input field, and key-in f=favorite_name

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back