Default Sketch Tracer help :(

Ok, so I learned how to import pictures and stuff (thanks to this forum) but now when I want to change from Sketch Tracer workbench to any other, say, Generative Shape Design, catia makes a new document without the pictures I imported

The document in the Sketchtracer remains opened, but I cannot use the pictures in any other workbench! Anyone knows whatīs wrong? Thanks...

Are you using the Start menu to change workbenches?

Yes, Iīm using the start menu. Or alternatively I click on the worckbench icon and choose one from there. Itīs the same thing I beleive

Quote Originally Posted by tomislavp4 View Post
    Yes, Iīm using the start menu. Or alternatively I click on the worckbench icon and choose one from there. Itīs the same thing I beleive
    OK; that's your problem... you don't have to go to the start menu to exit to another workbench. Instead, you've to click on that icon:

Cheers!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: bmp 1.BMP (30.6 KB, 10 views)

Quote Originally Posted by guillermo.mari View Post
    OK; that's your problem... you don't have to go to the start menu to exit to another workbench. Instead, you've to click on that icon:

Cheers!!!
    Neither of the two works! Same thing happens, it doesnīt metter where I click Can it be something in the options?

Tomislav,

I'm not a Sketch Tracer user, but after looking through some of the help files it looks like it adds the pictures to a Product.

Since the Generative Shape Design workbench deals with Parts, clicking that workbench will cause CATIA to start a new CATPart file.

Does this make sense?

If I understand this correctly, what you could do instead is:

1. While you have the pictures displayed in a Product, switch to the Assembly Design workbench. You probably have to Exit first, as Guillermo suggested.

2. Then Insert a New Part into the Product

3. Double click on the new Part to make it active, and now you can change to the Generative Shape Design workbench (or the Part Design workbench) and create geometry in the CATPart files while you still see the pictures in the Product.

I'm not absolutely sure about this, but I hope I have explained your situation and things make a little more sense to you. If not, please attach a screen image of what you're working on and include the Spec Tree in the image - thanks
    Last edited by MrCATIA; October 22nd, 2008 at 02:15 PM.

That one works! Thank you very much It also explains some other things I had hard time working out!

Iīm new to catia (started a month ago) and Iīm still trying to get a grip on it. The teacher at school isnīt very helpfull I must say
    Anyway, thanks again for your responses guys