Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Saving model view

A

anoyes

I can not anywhere how to save a view after positioning to a point other the iso. I need to save model to a view and then return to this at a later time. I know Solid Works has this feature, but can not find in Inventor 11 helps...

If you use the Views in Representations in an assembly, you can save different views. If you are just trying to save a view so you can open it up in an .idw and detail the part, then i would just change the baseview when you set it up. If either of these options are what you want to know more about, just ask and i'll help out. I do not know exactly what you want to do, but I hope this helps.

New views

Read "Isometric model view" in Inventor help. When you save the file, it will retain the new iso view. This will get you where you want to go, I think. Good luck.:)

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back