Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

looking for help to get a Cad software

yanny

Hi everyone,

I am looking to get a new CAD software as I am starting my own business.
What I am looking for is a Cad software which would make me able to design product with organic shape, nice curves... I want to be able to design mechanical parts, making the draw...
I am trying Creo PTC, Solidedgest5, Solidworks 2012, Rhino3d, Alibre and everyone got a bit of everything... After there are adds on, such as TSelement for Tspline on solidworks, Tspline for rhino, Npower (subdivision tool) for solidworks...
Solidedge and his 2 encironements synchronous and ordered features lost me!!! Maybe I am wrong!

So I am really looking for help to decide which one of these ssoftware would give me the right tools to deign complicate shapes, mechanical parts, 2D drawing and a rendering tools if possible.
My budget is limited to AUD$6000.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Solidworks 2012

Hi Yanny,
SolidWorks or AutoCAD are two good choices although I don't see AutoCAD on your list. Another one that people really like is A9CAD although it's less expensive and does not have the same type of capabilities. Good luck! :)

Hi everyone,

I am looking to get a new CAD software as I am starting my own business.
What I am looking for is a Cad software which would make me able to design product with organic shape, nice curves... I want to be able to design mechanical parts, making the draw...
I am trying Creo PTC, Solidedgest5, Solidworks 2012, Rhino3d, Alibre and everyone got a bit of everything... After there are adds on, such as TSelement for Tspline on solidworks, Tspline for rhino, Npower (subdivision tool) for solidworks...
Solidedge and his 2 encironements synchronous and ordered features lost me!!! Maybe I am wrong!

So I am really looking for help to decide which one of these ssoftware would give me the right tools to deign complicate shapes, mechanical parts, 2D drawing and a rendering tools if possible.
My budget is limited to AUD$6000.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back