Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Drafting dimension units from mm to inch

billowenz

Hello,

I cannot get my dimensions in inches even though my units are in inches everywhere I can see under Tools/Options etc. Even when I change the Page Setup to ANSI, ASME, ISO, etc the only other option I get is feet & inches. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

If you're using CATIA, the Page Setup will set the drafting standard, which is good, but you also have to set the dimension style. There are many to choose from, but NUM.DINC (decimal inch) is probably the one you want to use.

Last edited:
Thanks, but the only place I see to change to NUM.DINC or in etc. is in the "Numerical Properties" window and it keeps going back to FEET-INC. I cannot find a "Dimension Style" anywhere. Does anyone know where I could find that or how I can lock the "Numerical Properties" to inches? Thank you.

Yes - that's it. It's also in the dimension properties panel.

To change existing dimensions: Select one or more dimension(s), change the style to NUM.DINC in the Numerical Properties toolbar.

To create a new dimension in inches: Click the dimension icon, select the geometry to be dimensioned, verify the dimension style is set to NUM.DINC and change it if necessary, click the dimension location. Once you have added the first inch dimension, the rest should default to the same style.

I've tried that, but it goes back to FEET-INC every time. I've been highlighting all dims and changing them at once, but that's not optimal. Thank you for your help. I'll muddle through.

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back