Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

what's the effect of 3D printer to the mold industry?

lisa1980

Hello, every one,

Happy new year!

I just want to know what's the effect of 3D printer to the mold industry? who can help me ?

Lisa

3d printing effect on mold industry

I'm not sure exactly what your looking for and I'm not an expert on the subject but I imagine for one thing it would make small batch runs much more economical. What exactly are you trying to find out?

I don't think 3D Printers will challenge Injection molding anytime soon.
3D printers take A LONG TIME to produce a medium-sized part, where as a mold can spit-out a few every minute.
It's a detail vs. speed situation,
3D printers can make very detailed and intricate parts slowly, but molds can spit-out basic parts fast.

I don't think 3D Printers will challenge Injection molding anytime soon.
3D printers take A LONG TIME to produce a medium-sized part, where as a mold can spit-out a few every minute.
It's a detail vs. speed situation,
3D printers can make very detailed and intricate parts slowly, but molds can spit-out basic parts fast.

I agree with aloon15. Was checking 3D Printers and 3D models recently and found some interesting stuff on

Free 3D CAD Models - PARTcloud

Some of those models you can actually print and use, they are practical, while most of them on other sites do not have any purpose at all or they are almost impossible to made. (plus, found a bunch of PDF catalogs, too, free download!) Hope it helps!

Hi there,
Nothing, at least not for now.
For the industry, the ratio quality/speed for 3D printing is still not enough. The molding process is much more powerful.

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back