Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Gear Sketch Generator

SolidMaster

Greetings everyone.
I'm designing some specialized parts involving involute gears. I'm looking for a way (or utility) for SolidWorks 2013 users to generate gear profiles within a sketch. I'm familiar with gears being imported from the toolbox, but haven't been able to find out how to generate just the sketch of the gear profile.

Thanks,
SM

spur gear generator

Greetings everyone.
I'm designing some specialized parts involving involute gears. I'm looking for a way (or utility) for SolidWorks 2013 users to generate gear profiles within a sketch. I'm familiar with gears being imported from the toolbox, but haven't been able to find out how to generate just the sketch of the gear profile.

Thanks,
SM

Hi! You could use the free web app at www.me-bac.com to create the profile of a spur gear (standard and corrected) and download the DXF profile.

With the DXF profile of the gear, you could import it in a Solidwork sketch. It works better than a commercial toolbox!!! :rolleyes:

B.R.

Angelo

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back