Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Suggestion to 3DCadForums administrators: please speed things up

WileEDingo

Before going off to try another CAD forum site, I thought I would take a minute to make a suggestion to the site administrators which might improve this site.

My suggestion is simply to allow posts and their replies to appear immediately, and only step in to moderate when issues are brought to your attention. I’m sure you could set up some automatic filtering to deny posts containing various taboo words and topics. As the site currently stands, it takes about a day for a post to even show up, and another day for a reply, and another day for ... well, you get the idea. This might be why a) there are so few new posts on a daily basis, b) why so few posts actually have replies, and c) why those that do have replies very rarely have more than two. It would seem that communication is being stifled by over-moderation. I believe most people are expecting a much faster response time. Anyone truly looking for help can't wait that long and will have moved on to other web sites and resources long before their query even shows up.

Perhaps I am all wrong about this; either way, I hope to hear back from the site admins on this topic. I will check back in a day or two.

I think you're right. Therefore I have removed the moderation on new posts... however if things get outta hand again I will be forced to turn it back on.

Thank you. I'm obviously a new member, so I don't know the history of this site. I hope people don't abuse it. I also realize that my suggestion regarding automatic filtering could be a little naive. I remember back when spam e-mail was really bad I thought I could set up some rules in Outlook to automatically delete messages with certain words, from certain IP ranges, and so on. Soon I was spending more time creating and maintaining the rules than it would have taken to just delete the spam manually.

Argh... new members also have their first 5 posts moderated. Forgot to remove that. Also anyone posting 2 more more URLS in a post gets held. Never have I seen someone post 10 urls that wasn't spam.

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back