Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Tubes intersection

German Jimena

Hello.

I'm working with CATIA and have a problem

I'm making a structure, formed with empty tubes, 1 diameter width, different diameters

I've made the structure with lines and points, thinking in having a clear idea of the structure since the plans are not thad good. Here it is.

estructura.jpg

Now, I decided to do ribs in every line with the adecuate profile of that bar. But then I found a problem with the points where the tubes are joint. Here it is a rib through an arc

rib1.jpg

And here, the problem with de union

union.jpg

It looks unreal an ugly. Not very profesional. Also, it appears the following warning, which i dont know if its or not relevant.

warning.jpg

I tried to fix this doing this.

I do a pad in the end of the first rib, equal in length to half of the diameter of the tube that will intersect it.

padextra.jpg

And now, instead of a rib i use a "pad up to next" I though it would give a better look, more "welded", not "one on top of the other". But instead i get the following error.

Topological operators: impossible relimitation on the main part. - Change specifications.

How can i solve this error? Am i working the wrong way with this structure? How can i turn the line a points structure into a tube structure? How can i make a nice modeling of the weldings?

Thanks in advance

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back