Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Flow along surface Issue

morphus1

Hi There,

I have a Rhino 3D file in which I need to "Flow along Surface" a set of details around a dome with a hole in the top. As you would find in a old roman church etc..

I have the elongated half sphere, I have cut a hole in the top using split surface by isocurve and also makehole (although makehole is acting weird and projecting the hole out of the semi sphere) I then delete the projection.

I then proceed to "flow along surface" my detailing but the detailing does not conform to the surface with the hole in the top. Rather it acts as if the dome is whole/complete.

Is there something I'm missing in regards to making the hole maybe? or is this just the way of things in Rhino? as always any and all help is much appreciated.

Dome issue 1.jpgDome issue 2.jpg

I figured it out, I hadn't trimmed after the removal of the hole in the top of the dome. Once trimmed it flowed perfectly.

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back