Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Laser Kerf Bending Square Steel Tube

JackQuarmby

Hi

I am looking to get a chair leg made that requires square tubing to be bent. To do so I want to use a kerf bending techinque (see attached image) but my manufactuer needs a 3d model to do so.

I have tried doing so in solidworks so I know how much material to cut out. Using the flex tool I have bent the tubing to the correct radius and angle but the material dosent seem to be behaving correctly. I assumed the cut out sections should be touching each other on a bend this tight but they dont seem to be giving a accurate reflection of what wold happen.

I need some help how to simulate this bent accuratly so I can create a 3d model for my manufacurer that has the correct amount of material laser cut out.

Thanks

Jack

4c19b369de53c9215d02c6200085948b (1).jpgbend.jpg

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back