Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

SolidWorks part exports for interior design.

MCann90

Hey guys,

This may have been asked before as I'm a new user but, what is the best way to integrate SolidWorks with an architectural/interior package?

Quick, overview of our current problem.

We are a gym equipment manufacturer and have come to realise that although SolidWorks is ideal for the suppliers who manufacture our components and metal work. Now that our product line and standard assemblies aren't changing quite as much anymore, our CAD work is increasingly just floor plans and layouts which include our products.

I'm not an interior designer, so far we've just been ploughing on with SolidWorks as its pretty quick and easy for me to do a rough visual. I know there is much better Interior design software which will handle larger models better than SolidWorks and output much higher quality renders.

Currently, I try to spend no more than 2-4 hours on a client visual, Ideally moving forward, we'd like to keep it at this for regular clients with the view of outsourcing for larger and more high profile jobs which would require a higher quality of rendered output.

I guess my immediate queries would be;

Which is the best architecture/interior design software to incorporate our existing product library with?

What would the workflow look like to import and export these, and customise if possible?

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back