Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Measure tool catia

bhargav317

Hi everyone!

I have a closed figure made of multiple individual arcs. I want to measure, the combined length of say 5 arcs, how do I do it? I don't want to measure them individually and then add them in my calculator.

I am currently doing a multiple extract for the arcs I want and measuring the extract. Is there any direct way using the measure tool?

Thank you for the help!

Sai

Use JOIN to add all the arcs to form a single curve, and then measure the Join to determine the total length.

(the arcs must be contiguous, non-manifold)

Last edited:
Use JOIN to add all the arcs to form a single curve, and then measure the Join to determine the total length.

(the arcs must be contiguous, non-manifold)

Thanks for the reply. But I don't want to change anything in the original body i.e., if I use join, I will be changing something in the original body. Or are you saying 'create a geometrical set and use join in that'?

Sai

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back