Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Mesh failure in Generative Structural Analysis, Advanced Meshing Tool CATIA V5.21

Vids

Hello everybody,
I have a complex assembly (291 components) and I need to analyze it.
From the x.CATProduct I made a x_AllCATPart.CATPart, defined the material for all sub-bodies and assembled (boolean operation) them to the main body.
Then, first, I proceed to the mesh operation. I leave the “CCTREE Tetrahedron Mesh” box as it shows up and click apply.
After a few seconds a popup shows:
------------
Interference or tangency detected.
Interference or tangency is detected between the following geometric elements:
CATEdgexxx
CATEdgeyyy
Modify the highlighted geometry or try to remesh with a slightly different global size.
------------

I have been working around for a while but nothing got better.
What do I do wrong? Any suggestions are very welcome :)

The error message says something about interference, so go back to the original assembly and do a CLASH analysis to check for any parts that might interfere with other parts in the assembly.

I'm curious; why not use CATIA's Generative Assembly Structural Analysis to analyze the assembly?

Last edited:
Hello,
Thanks for answering :)

I do use Generative Assembly Structural Analysis to analyse the assembly. But before any analysis, I must first mesh everything and I also use Advanced Meshing Tool to do it. I face the same issue in both case.

Thanks for the CLASH trick. I did it already.
It looks like the problem doesn't come from a clash interference.
If I build a very simple assembly file (x.CATProduct), I open Generative Assembly Structural Analysis, set up constraints, mesh everything and run simulation. No problem at all.
The same assembly file, once transformed from x.CATProduct to x_AllCATPart.CATPart, the meshing operations mess up in some how...
I don't understand how the "transformation" (from x.CATProduct to x_AllCATPart.CATPart) is proceed and so why the mesh operation fail on x_AllCATPart.CATPart file.

Anyway, thank you very much for your suggestion ;)

Hello,
Thanks for answering :)

I do use Generative Assembly Structural Analysis tool to analyse the assembly. But before any analysis, I must first mesh everything and I also use Advanced Meshing tool to do it. Nevertheless, I face the same issue in both case.

Thanks for the CLASH trick. I did it already.
It looks like the problem doesn't come from a clash interference.
If I build a very simple assembly (x.CATProduct), I open Generative Assembly Structural Analysis, set up constraints, mesh everything and run simulation. No problem at all.
The same assembly file, once transformed from x.CATProduct to x_AllCATPart.CATPart, the meshing operations mess up in some how...
I don't understand how the "transformation" (from x.CATProduct to x_AllCATPart.CATPart) is proceed and so why the mesh operation fail on x_AllCATPart.CATPart file.

Anyway, thank you very much for your suggestion ;)

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back