Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Solidworks with a MacBook?

Rico

Hi guys, looking for some laptop advice really.

I've been using solidworks for a few years at work but have been wanting to get a laptop which can run solidworks so I can do some of my own projects and build up a portfolio of my own work. We have a desktop computer at home which my wife uses extensively for her own business. We don't have room for another desktop hence looking at laptops so l can sit and work in kitchen or lounge.

So Christmas has just been and I was blown away with my wife's generosity when I opened up her present to me and found a MacBook Air 13. Unfortunately my wife didn't realise that solidworks runs only on windows operating system. .

I've seen some people install windows onto MacBooks using boot camp. Has anyone experience of running solidworks like this and does it work ok?

I still have the option of returning the MacBook. so is the best option to return it and look at getting a windows PC with solidworks in mind?

Thanks for your thoughts?

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back