Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Aligning to a plane

NORDIQ

I have a box and I need to cut something out from the side. The indent must be equaly spaced between the perpendicular sides.

Like so:

Code:
|     _____     |
|____|     |____|

I have created a reference plane in the between both outer planes. I have created a block the size of the indent but I cannot seem to figure out how to align it perpendicularly centered to the reference plane. I do not want to eyeball it obviously, it must be perfectly centered. Mating doesn't seem to work. I have tried creating another plane between the top and bottom and tried to sketch a centered rectangle but I cannot snap to the intersection of the planes.

What is the trick to do this.

Please note that the geometry is more complex than what I have shown here so simply sketching this shape and extruding it is not an option. The sketch above is simply for reference purposes and illustrates my issue.

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back