Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Catia is slow when I select or move an object around

EEmd

Hi, I while ago Catia started acting weird, everytime I move my cursor over an edge, surface or similar, selecting someting or move around my model the program freezes for a couple of seconds and then resumes and I can spin the object freely or do whatever I want. Doing an actual command, like making a pad from a sketch or similar seems to be working just fine.

I'm using a pretty crappy notebook(student) but it used to work alright then all of the sudden it changed. I have tried to reset the catia settings, update my graphic card drivers and done a complete reinstall of windows. The problem is still there. Any ideas?

Try this first:

Go to Tools + Options, and look in the General, Display page. Go to the Performance tab and use the lower-left icon to reset all the options back to default values.

perform2.JPG

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back