Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Sketcher toolbar shows text instead of icons options

Fedce

Hello,

I am new to Catia and while learning I noticed this difference with what I think should be the "standard" visualization of options in the second part of the sketchers toolbar (called switch bar?): I have text options instead of icons, and this make a giant toolbar, not so smart to use.

As attachments there's how it looks if I select the "corner" command, and also the simple rectangle command.

I already tried with tools>customize>toolbars>restore and with tools>customize>options. I noticed I can see a lot of command icons inside tools>customize>commands and selecting "all commands" in the left window, but the icons I need are missing in the right-side list.

I can't find it out in previous threads, can you help me?
What could be this due to? How can I fix it?

Thank you

Attachments

• Immagine.jpg
    Immagine.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 4
  • Immagine2.jpg
    Immagine2.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
You are right, Federico. You should see icons in all the toolbars, instead of the command names.

I'm not sure what is causing this as I've never seen this before. Try using Tools + Options + General and selecting the icon (text?) in the lower-left corner to reset all pages back to default settings.

If that doesn't work, you might have to re-install CATIA.

Did CATIA always look this way on your computer? Did you do anything recently that might have caused this? Which release of CATIA are you running?

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back