Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Saving files and tables

JoePage

Hi,

I'm new to both solidworks works and this forum.

I have created a 3D file and a design table within it, the design table has over 500 different results. The problem is that I have to save three files, an IGES, STEP and STL for each design result which is taking me forever. Eventually I will have around 10,000 to process including around 100 designs so I really need a solution.

I have done a quick web search and seen that I may need a macro which I have no idea about and nothing seems all that clear.

So what I`m at least wanting is some method of saving three different files at once.
What I would ideally like is some way that I could tell solidworks to save three files from each of the 500 results in my design table.

I`m new to all of this so please explain it simply, if anyone can help it will be greatly appreciated.
I have solidworks 2015,

Thanks,
Joe

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back