Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Assembly with many instances of the same CATProduct.Parameter variation

Yvz00

Dear All,

I am quite new with Catia and therefore, I have some difficulties to find right solution for the below task:

I have created two different Catia Products (Product2 – Product3) in where I have placed the same product (Product1). Only difference between Product2 and Product3 (considering Product1) is that the Offset value between two parts of Product1.

When I set the parameter value from Product2 (which is linked to offset value of Product1), it automatically changes the offset value of the Product3 as well.

Do you have any suggestions to isolate these two products’ value without creating another product?
parameter.jpg
Thanks in advance,

Break the links (isolate) in Product2 and Product3, so they each have their own, unique parameter driving the offset distance.

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back