Default Which way should I go?

I know the title is cryptic (at best), but what I really want to know is, which 3D cad program should I try to learn? I have been using AutoCAD (2D) for over 20 years in civil/structural design drafting and have come to realize that I am behind the times by a long way. I'm thinking I should learn Revit since it is an Autodesk product, but I see many more jobs out there that require different programs. I also don't want to limit myself to civil/structural as I have some experience in other disciplines.
    Please keep in mind that I will be doing this on my own time and my own dime, so I need something that won't cost a fortune just to learn, especially if I have to upgrade my computer (or buy a new one).
    Thanks!

I see alot of job opportunities requiring AutoCAD & Revit experience.

But if you want to make a career change, Inventor or Solidworks are also popular.

If you just want to try something new, then I'd suggest a free copy of Fusion360 (and maybe drop a few dimes on a 3D Printer)

Another factor is what classes are available where you live?
    Last edited by MrCATIA; May 24th, 2017 at 06:45 PM.

I'm leaning toward Revit right now because of my background and it's an Autodesk product (hopefully the interface would be similar to AutoCAD). I would most likely make use of online courses because the classroom stuff around here is kind of pricey. Inventor would be my second choice for the same reasons. I can utilize the LT versions of both programs combined with AutoCAD for $304/yr for Revit LT and $380/yr for Inventor LT.