Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Conical Spring

Dem.Pet

Hello everybody,

This is my first post here (new member).

Am trying to simulate the response of a conical spring (non-linear). I have created the spring in CATIA and am trying to run the analysis in ANSYS. Though the results aren't what they are supposed to be (am always getting a constant k). On a conical spring there should be an increasing of the k factor (stiffness) for every coil that becomes inactive (image attached).

My question here is if there is a way to do that analysis in CATIA. So, I want to simulate the way the conical spring behaves on certain loads. The compression of the spring, when a coil contacts another coil etc. At the end i would be able to get the exact Load/Displacement curve.

An idea is to create the spring using multiple half-coils and connect them together and then select each coil as a contact element in Ansys. I don't really know how to do that or if it will work.

If you have any ideas or a solution to that it will be of major help.

Thanks in advance!!

Capture.JPG

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back