Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

COSMOSWorks Error Message

J

jfcook

What does the error in COSMOSWorks "Mesh and Model volumes are significantly different" mean and how do I correct it?

Quality check for deviation failed...

» What does the error in COSMOSWorks "Mesh and Model volumes are
» significantly different" mean and how do I correct it?

Hello jfcook,

We located some information regarding your question. It's from Greg Sivik on the SolidWorks discussion board. Greg writes:

:) Likely there is a quality check comparing the solid and the elemental volumes. A significant deviation means the mesh doesn't represent the geometry well. Generally, try a denser mesh. If there are areas you can see where the mesh doesn't represent geometry, try denser local mesh control.

We hope this helps. Let us know.

Thanks for using the Q&A Board! ;-)

3DCADTips.com Q&A Board Support

» What does the error in COSMOSWorks "Mesh and Model volumes are
» significantly different" mean and how do I correct it?

Tets need to be close to a pyramid shape. Flattened Tets, have a poor aspect ratio (height/base) and will cause this error. Twisted Tets will also cause this error. Reducing the tet size can help. I would suggest mesh control in tight areas and prevent a huge solution matrix.

If your analyzing thin objects, you may want to try shell elements.

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back