Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Engraving on a sphere

Azriel

Hi,
Can any one explain me how to Engrave in a full sphere, so that my company name is fully engraved in sphere like the company name should end where it started in the sphere and should appear circumferential on a sphere.
Thanks.

Choose Sketcher >Advanced >Text. Type the text to be engraved on the model and select the location on the model.

Lee,

I'm interested in this as well. i cannot find sketcher/advanced/text . I can achieve the same result using projected sketches & wrap features but it's labor intensive. Can you be more specific on where you found sketcher/advanced/text.

Attachments

• sphere.jpg
    sphere.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 9
Hi,
Select Feature > Create > Solid > Cut > Extrude > One Side > Done. Now pick references. At the top of the right-hand Sketcher menu is a text option. Pick that option. Finish as you do for any other cut and enter a blind depth to your desired value.

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back