Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Feature Pattern

Beatrice

Hi,
I have designed a flange that has a bolt hole array (pattern). When I try to use feature pattern select tool to pattern my hardware, it goes off into the wrong direction. Has any one faced same problem. I am using Inventor 11.
Any suggestion would be appreciated.

When I try to use feature pattern select tool to pattern my hardware, it goes off into the wrong direction.

What do you mean by this? Are you saying that it doesn't pattern in the direction you WANT it to go or that it goes in a different direction than you have TOLD it to go? The first one is easy, there is a toggle that looks like two arrows (flip) that changes direction. If the problem is something different, I will need more information. An image or the file itself would be helpful.

Hi,
This happens when the bolt/nuts is not located where the hole pattern originates. Edit the plate part with hole pattern. find the hole you use to pattern. Then constrain the bolt/nuts to the hole. Then the component pattern will work.

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back