Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Link problem in assembly

Thomas

I have an assembly with several parts and two sub assemblies. These two sub assemblies has been renamed in CATIA. When I open the main assembly all the parts and products opens like it supposed to, but I still have som kind of link to the old product names. (see attached message). When I open the desk command to fix this I cannot find the link to the old product names. (Everything looks OK). I also opened the edit links command, but cannot find any links to the old product names. How can I remove these links?

Attachments

• message.jpg
    message.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 4
My guess is you didn't rename the two assemblies with SAVE MANAGEMENT.

I'm not sure you can erase the ghost links to the old sub-asemblies. There are a couple things I can suggest, but I'm not 100% sure they will work:

1. Use FILE + SAVE MANAGEMENT and SAVE AS to rename both of the sub-assemblies again, and also save the top assembly.

2. If that doesn't work, try to REPLACE each sub-asembly with itself. (Or delete the sub-asembly from the top assembly and re-insert it.)

As a last resort, you might have to re-create the top-assembly.

The moral to this story: ALWAYS use SAVE MANAGEMENT, and NEVER rename CATIA files without using SAVE MANAGEMENT.

Last edited:
Hi MrCatia

Your alternativ 1 fiksed the problem. I renamed the assy to the old file names and then back to the new ones with save management (Reopened the assy after renaming the first time).
Thank you!

regards
Thomas

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back