Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Catia V5 Dimension Properties

MrCATIA

Super Moderator
in another 3D CAD Forum, Keven posted the following question about CATIA dimensions:

June 1st, 2007, 09:22 AM
Keven

Catia V5 Dimension Properties

How do you change the "looks" of your dimensions in V5. I've tried selecting the dimension, then properties. I need 2 places X.XX, and the numbers to be within the dimension arrows, etc.

I've been in "tools" options as well.

Newbie to V5 detailing. Was an I-deas operator for 9 years.

Thanks in advance for your support.

Keven

Keven,

To change the number of decimal places on a dimension:

Right-click the dimension and choose Properties, and choose the VALUE tab. There is a option called PRECISION that let's you define the round-off and number of decimal places. 0.01 will give you 2 decimals, 0.001 will give you 3 decimals, 0.0001 will give you 4 decimals, etc. (0.05 will give you 2 decimals and round-off the value to the nearest 0.05) Of course, this is all based on using a DECIMAL format (not FRACTION). and you are including trailing zeros.

Dimension position:

The dimension position is typically based on where you clicked to position the dimension, or where you moved it to. To center the dimension's value between the arrowheads, right-click the dimension and choose the RESTORE VALUE POSITION option.

Last edited:

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back