Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Motion Simulation

cbtracker

I'm trying to simulate a braking mechanism that will be incorporated into a final product. A motion simulation is being used to iteratively modify the shape of a cam like part to develop the forces necessary. I need to know if A, I could somehow get NX4 to hold a spring in place on maximum displacement or force , or B; lock a revolute joint on maximum angle for the rest of the motion simulation.

I haven't seen any documentation that would even imply that NX is capable of doing this but hopefully i just missed something.

Thanks

Last edited:
well nx4 does springs, ive never used it as using nx is like trying to force your head through a small gap. i would reccomend just modelling the thing, working out how much braking force you need to apply, and the maximum surface area you can get away with applying it over, an then selecting the spring to push back the braking surface using common sense.

i know you can restrict a revolute joint to an angle, i hope this is of help to you.

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back