Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

How to plaster/snug-fit a flexible sheet onto a rigid body?

emrah.bozkurt

Hello,

I want to plaster or snugly fit a thin flexible sheet onto a rigid body's surface. How can I do this with UG? If impossible with UG, which program should I use?

Starting point of the problem is this:
I have a design which will be produced from a flexible plastic material. When produced, this flexible planar part will be plastered or fit onto a rigid body's cylindrical face..Normally, I made the design as planar, because this sheet will anyways take the bent shape since it is flexible... Now, I have to make FEA analysis of my flexible shape while it is plastered or fit onto that rigid body with cylindrical shape...However, my part was designed as planar, but I have to make the analysis with its bent shape onto the rigid body. I cannot fit or plaster my thin flexible sheet onto that rigid body using UG. How can I do that?

Thanks very much in advance.

Emrah

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back