Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Printer Issues

MHAYE

I am running Solidworks 2007 and I am having problems getting the drawings to print in the right orientation. I am printing to a HP Designjet 1050c plus. No matter what orientation I choose or what settings it always prints sideways. Has anyone else had this problem.

I had the exact same problem with a HP DesignJet 650C. I finally got it to rotate properly by re-installing a driver, but before I installed it I went through the following procedure.

I am assuming you are using Windows XP.

Click on "Start", then "Printer and Faxes". Click on "File" and then "Server Properties", then "Drivers". This will give you a list of all the printer drivers you have installed. Highlight and remove all the drivers that are listed for the printer you are having the problem with.
After you have removed all the drivers for the HP 1050C, then you can install the driver for the printer. In my case I had more than one driver loaded for my printer, and that created the confusion.

Good Luck,
Myladin

I am running Solidworks 2007 and I am having problems getting the drawings to print in the right orientation. I am printing to a HP Designjet 1050c plus. No matter what orientation I choose or what settings it always prints sideways. Has anyone else had this problem.

Yeah, when you have that kind of problem, you have to rotate the document in two places, under printer properties and under page set up. It's very annoying.

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back