Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Rotate while Extruding along axis "Twist or screw"

brianpore

Hi all, this is my first time posting on the forum. I have been using NX for about 4 years and came across a problem I cannot model.

To simplify the problem, I will use a block. I am trying to extrude the block along an axis that is in the center of the block, while having the block rotate about that axis 2 full rotations over 4 inches. So it would be one full rotation every 2 inches.

For the life of me, I cannot figure out how to rotate the block while extruding it. Please help!

Thanks you,

Brian

It will better to make three sketch spacing 2inches each and make a surface by through curve surface and join the curves such that the three curves make a twisted surface i.e. if you select the point no.-1(say) then you should select the point no.-2 and so on. May be your problem will be solved.

Thank You,

Sudhanshu

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back