Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Driving a Model with a Spreadsheet

Wallybanger

Hey Guys,
The title pretty much sums it up. I have a part that I made containing a series of points and planes that I'm going to use as assembly references in a larger assembly. What I'm wondering is if I can use an Excel (Or similar) spreadsheet to control the point locations?

Here is the part I'm referring to. Pretty much everything can be controlled with one, and in come cases, 2 dimensions.
locator.png

To take it to another level, can a spreadsheet be used to control parts and assembly constraints?

Thanks,
Mike

Yes - CATIA has Design Tables that interface with Excel spreadsheets, linking spreadsheet cells to parameters. Search the online documentation for "Introducing Design Tables" to learn all about it.

Yes - CATIA has Design Tables that interface with Excel spreadsheets, linking spreadsheet cells to parameters. Search the online documentation for "Introducing Design Tables" to learn all about it.

Excelent! Thankyou. I'll post back in here if I have any problems with it.

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back