Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

About eye rigging

Avak

I have a character which I have rigged it myself and used tape helpers to control the direction the eyeballs are looking. Is there a way to wire morph targets or ffd based on the direction the eyeballs are looking?

For the eyes you can just create a dummy object then add look-at constraints to the eyeballs so that they always point to the dummy object. That way, when you just move the dummy the eyes would follow. You can then then link the dummy to the head with the eyes looking straight ahead as a kind of default position. That way you only need to animate any needed shifts in eye movement. The rest of the time the dummy and eyes will stay put in their relative position/angles, following the head.

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back