Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

3D software comparison.

I currently work for a company that uses solidworks, but have heard through the grapevine that other 3D systems are being looked at (not sure why).
I have heard that UG NX or Solidedge may be something we look at.

I was hoping someone on here had used either solidworks and NX or solidworks and solidedge and could possibly fill me in as to what are the benefits / weaknesses of the system compared to each other are.

To fill you in on the areas I need comparing, I currently work for a company that designs and manufactures electric enclosures, so use the following types of functionality

3D Part / Assembly modelling
2D drawing creation
Sheetmetal
Surfacing (design a few organic type shapes that fit onto the enclosures)
A little bit of eletrical routing
A little bit of large assembly
Importing of other 3D and 2D cad formats
Data Management.

I actually really enjoy using solidworks, but though I would try and get a headstart on this as I now I will be given the job of sorting it all out :eek:(
Thanks for your time

sorry if this type of thread has been posted before. Am new on here

solidworks vs ugii

hey..
if i were you, i'd go to the solidworks web page, and contact their support team and ask them.

good luck.

btw..ug nx is great (but cumbersome)

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back