Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Need some help with DMU Kinematics

Lightning983

This is my first post here so hello :)

Anyways, i'm a last year college student, and i need some help with designing a mechanism.

I attached an assembly i made, and i can't figure out how to make it work like its supposed to. (Made in Catia V5R17 SP4)
So if anyone here has a few minutes to take a look at it and give me some advice.

This is my 1st time working with DMU kinematics, so i could be doing a lot of things wrong :)

Thanx,
Tom.

Attachments

• Mechanism.zip
    569.5 KB · Views: 50
It cannot be simulated. Well, it can, but only so much. The spacing of the gears and the connecting arm make it imppossible - basically it binds itself up after about 3/4" rotation.

If you constrain it correctly, you freehandedly move the parts around using the Assembly Workbench, Manipulation, make sure to click "with respect to contraints."

It really cannot be

The spacing of the gears and connecting rod make it bind up before it rotates 180.

You can us the manipulation, with respect to contraints to simulate.

For the kinematics, see attached screen dump.

Attachments

• 1.bmp
    416.8 KB · Views: 13

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back