Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

AHHHH! Catia!

Wallybanger

I made the horrible mistake of assuming that I could do something easily in Catia and have it work.

So I have a large assembly.... within this assembly I have a skeleton assembly and attached to that assembly are a number of parts and smaller assemblies. I made the mistake of trying to move this skeleton assembly (Which is in it's own directory) into another directory to assemble to a different mode.

When I got the piece of crap over there were a bunch of parts that were invisible.... not hidden, invisible. I can select them and the lines will show up but there is no visible geometry. So by chance I discovered that I could get a bunch of the parts to show up by deactivating and then reactivating them but that isn't working for one part. I've tried deactivating, reactivating, regenerating, hide/show, screwing with the sketch, screwing with the colours and line types in properties.... messing with the parent bodies/products/parts

NOTHING WORKS AND I'M GETTING PISSED OFF!

If anyone could help me out with this PITA I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,
Mike

Try using the Graphic Properties Wizard to help figure out why things are invisible.

Are the parts displayed OK when you open them in individual windows?

Last edited:
Hello there,

On one occasion I come across the same issue. I just trash all my CATSettings files and start CATIA again. That works. By default, CATSettings files are located under

C:\Documents and Settings\UserID\Application Data\DassaultSystemes\CATSettings

Cheers.
Kennis.

Thanks for the replies Guys.

Try using the Graphic Properties Wizard to help figure out why things are invisible.

Are the parts displayed OK when you open them in individual windows?
Yeah, the parts were ok on their own. Where is the Graphic Properties Wizard?

The Graphic Wizard is the last icon in the Graphic Properties toolbar

Attachments

• graphicwizard.bmp
    175.2 KB · Views: 29
Ever have that feeling where you want to throw a temper tantrum but know that doing so wouldn't be productive at all? How do you convey how pissed off you are with out rolling on the ground kicking and swearing?

I'm having this same problem, AGAIN, and I don't remember how I solved it the last time. :mad:

I have parts and assemblies under a main assembly... my points will show up in the children but not in the main assembly....

How do I fix this :confused:

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back