Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Can't find specific geometry in scene....

Ajani

I have a fairly complex architectural scene that I'm rendering. I'm having trouble sending the animation to the render farm b/c it's sending an error message before the render that a lot of objects don't have UVW mapping. Unfortunately, I can't just press 'don't display message again and render' on the render nodes. So, If I begin to go back and apply maps to the specific objects, and go into my 'Select by Name' I can't even find some of the specified objects? How do I find these objects? Any suggestions?

The objects might be nested in groups. Try opening all the groups in your scene and then click on the selection set.

That did it. I just hate how in Max it doesn't display all the other objects that are within the groups, it just displays the group! So, on one specific building I selected all, ungrouped it, and found all the specific geometry that I needed to uv map.

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back