Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

How do I create macros in UG/NX4?

gshock

I'm new to the forum, and I posted this same question earlier, but it doesn't show up in the forum.

I'm trying to create some macros in UG/NX4. I'm very new to UG, but not to 3D modeling. I'm proficient, but no expert. Where do I start?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Best regards,

-gshock

Macros in UGNX4

Hi there,

Goto Tools>macro>Start record and choose a location for your macro file.

Now execute your command, in this case you will have to goto Analysis>Distance, select the Projected Distance option and select X as your vector, at this stage goto Tools>Macro>User Entry and choose the two entities you want measure. Now goto Tools>macro>Stop Record.

Your macro file is ready to use. You can check by Tools>Macro>Playback choose the macro file you just created. Every time this will allow you to choose two entities but always will give a distance in X direction.

Hope i was clear enough.

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back