Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

sketch constraints

A

aval_29

how can i make sure that may sketches are constraints? thanks

If the colour of the sketch...

We found this comment of the Autodesk discussion boards. It may help answer your question.

Reply From: RobV
Date: Mar/31/06 - 14:25 (CST) NEW!

If the colour of the sketch is dark (depending on your theme), it is fully
constrained.

Thanks.
3DCADTips Support Desk :cool:

Use the Auto Dimension tool.

We found this comment of the Autodesk discussion boards. It may help answer your question.

Reply From: Brian R. Iwaskewycz
Date: Mar/31/06 - 14:28 (CST) NEW!

Use the Auto Dimension tool. If it reports that zero constraints/dimensions are required, then your sketch is fully constrained.

Brian R. Iwaskewycz
CAD Systems Manager
Core Furnace Systems

Thanks.

support said:
Use the Auto Dimension tool. If it reports that zero constraints/dimensions are required, then your sketch is fully constrained.

Reply From: Kent Keller
Date: Mar/31/06 - 14:32 (CST) NEW!

That is what I do when I am not sure. You can't always trust the color.

--
Kent Keller
Thanks.

support said:
That is what I do when I am not sure. You can't always trust the color.

Reply From: RobV
Date: Mar/31/06 - 14:39 (CST) NEW!

Good point Kent - There are times when the colour will show fully constrained but when you exit the sketch and go back in there may be a green line. I should have thought of that.

Rob
Thanks.

support said:
Good point Kent - There are times when the colour will show fully constrained but when you exit the sketch and go back in there may be a green line. I should have thought of that.

Reply From: Sean Dotson
Date: Mar/31/06 - 14:57 (CST) NEW!

There are other times that the color does not change until you try to "pull" on the line or point. Then it changes color. Such simple things....

--
Sean Dotson, PE
RND Automation & Engineering
www.RNDautomation.com
www.mcadforums.com

Thanks.

support said:
There are other times that the color does not change until you try to "pull" on the line or point. Then it changes color. Such simple things...

Reply From: JDMATHER
Date: Mar/31/06 - 15:09 (CST) NEW!

And if you're not sure what constraints are needed if it still needs constraints drag corner points - it should then become obvious i.e coincident, perp, tan ...

Thanks.

where do i find the Auto Dimension tool ??? how does it look like.
thx

support said:

Reply From: Brian R. Iwaskewycz
Date: Mar/31/06 - 14:28 (CST) NEW!

Brian R. Iwaskewycz
CAD Systems Manager
Core Furnace Systems

Thanks.

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back