Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Modifiying a line length in a model sketch file

Comradechris

Basically its a problem about modifying dimensions of lines in a sketch in a part file on solid edge - when I dimensioned a line, then clicked to modify it, it changed the value of the dimension but the acutal line stayed the same size and a line appeared under the new value.

This happens even if I open up and brand new part file on solid edge, new sketch and its the first line I draw! It makes it virtually impossible to draw anything on the program :(

I have attached two print screens showing this. I've tried looking on the internet and posting in formums looking for how to fix this problem, but have so far been unsuccessful.

I wondered if you had any ideas about what I could do please? Or if you knew anyone who might be able to help. I've tried uninstalling and then reinstalling Solid Edge V20 several times and it still has the same problem.

Thanks,

Chris

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    118.8 KB · Views: 7
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    113.2 KB · Views: 7
Hi,
the thing is that your "Select tool - Driving" is off.
Just click on it and you'll have your problems solved.
Example in attachment!

Attachments

• JPG3.JPG
    JPG3.JPG
    105.2 KB · Views: 2
Hello

Hi,
the thing is that your "select tool - Driving" is off.
Just activate it and your problems will be solved.
See attachment for example.

Attachments

• JPG3.JPG
    JPG3.JPG
    105.2 KB · Views: 1

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back