Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

WELDING DRAWING - problems with dims, leaders etc

Pave

Dear Colleagues,
as you can notice from the picture, I have numerous problems with dimensioning welding in drawings. I use WF4, metric dimensioning. Decimal places are set to 0, lead_trail_zeros are set to std_metric.

2008-10-09_065046_Intermittent_weld_-_decimal_and_rest.JPG

I would stress three of my problems:

1) Is it a bug in Pro/E, or it is impossible to control decimal places? Somehow I always get four of them, though I set it to zero...

2) Is it possible to control the length of the leader in order to find enough space for the data? Best solution would be to have different leader lengths 4 different welds, on the same drawing...is it possible?

3) Is there a way to rearrange digits above leader (in my case "a4z6") in order to get coherent and neat dimensioning? Because, as you can see, digits and symbols are mixed and covering each other.

Thanks and kind regards from sunny Croatia
Pave

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back