Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Help finding CAD programmer

gaittec

It has become painfully obvious that I will never have the time or brilliance to master the programming skills I need to do what I need to do on my own.

I am in the Custom Foot Orthotics business and have been making orthotics by hand for almost thirty years.

I now have a 3d scanner which will output in stl and several other file formats.

I have built a three axis router.

I need to take the scanned 3d file of a foot, make several standard modifications to the shape, drape a surface over the modified shape and then trim and work with the draped surface. Then finally nest it with other work files and send the toolpath/gcode to my router.

I assume a plug-in in Rhino, or Autocad, or a similar platform would be more cost effective than trying to have a standalone program written.

Now for my question: Where is the best place to find someone willing and able to do the programming for this project?

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back