Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

gravity problem with cosmos - solidworks2006

I

ishiguroray

i created an assembly in solidworks, it consists of 3 parts. the mainframe, and an arm on each side. One of the arms is a mirror image of the other. When i run Cosmos, and use the gravity feature, it recognizes that only '1' of the arm has mass so the C.G. arrow is offset from the middle. i 'defined' material for all, and in the tree it even lists the mirrorARM to have a material of ASTM36 steel. Has anybody had this problem??

gravity problem

i figured it out...

when that occurs individually define the materials in the part drawings (even if it is already defined by the assembly) - and this applies especially to mirrored components....

Thanks

It's always feels great when you can solve your own problems. Thanks for taking the time to post it back on this thread. Now others can benefit as well. That's the whole idea of this site!

Good luck!
3DCADTips Help Desk :cool:

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back